January 23, 2014

Specter

The parking lot of my mother's shoppe plays host to several neighborhood cats. During the day, they lay on the rocks that fill the lot to sun themselves, absorbing as much of the warmth from the ground. They're territorial little buggers marking the area so it's not always the most pleasant of things to come upon those felines. Without fail, they stay in the space. Climbing the fences when people invade their bubbles, only to return upon our retreat.

Every evening, I walk out the employee exit to discover the black and white cat sitting on the sidewalk. He doesn't like me but he's getting use to me, standing his ground a little longer each time we encounter each other. Since the sun sets early still, I leave when it's quite dark; and he sits there with his eyes aglow, scaring the piss out of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment